Thursday, August 13, 2009

Say a little prayer for me

It's chemo day. I'm trying to be positive so everything will go smoothly. I want the first needle to work and the second-last chemotherapy treatment to start.

Last time, the nurse told me drinking caffeine constricted my veins so I'm switching to decaf at breakfast this morning. (I don't know how much stock I put in that though because I drank coffee before all four of my previous treatments and for two of them, the nurse got the needle in the first time.) But I'm not taking any chances and doing everything I can to increase the odds the first needle will go in without any trouble.

Michael, Angie and I are heading out for a yummy breakfast at Cora's. We may as well treat ourselves well first. Then I have bloodwork at 8:45 a.m., the appointment with Dr. P. at 9:45 and then chemo is scheduled for 10:45.

Of course, that means I won't get out of the cancer clinic until almost 5 p.m. tonight. But it'll be done, with only one more to go.

I'll also talk with Dr. P. today about what kinds of tests to expect after my last chemo, and discuss follow up care and clinical trial options. I want to know what to anticipate.

I'd appreciate it if you could say a little prayer for me around 10:45 today (probably closer to 11 a.m.) that chemo will go well today. It can't hurt.

Tina

P.S. Thanks for all the wonderful food sent yesterday. The Bratscher family certainly won't starve as I recover - and for that, I'm grateful.

2 comments:

  1. Yay for your second-last treatment! Positive thoughts will be sent your way today!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the time I am typing you this (I already sent you a text message)....I know Chemo has started...and the prayers and positive vibes are continuing throughout the day from your village! GO TINA!!!

    Love
    R

    ReplyDelete