Thursday, September 24, 2009

Compassion and understanding

I'm constantly amazed at how people are willing to pitch in when someone else needs help. Not only have I received more than my share of assistance during these past five months, today Noah is getting some much needed help.

A short while ago, I asked a contact I had for bipolar if she knew of anyone who could speak to Noah's class about the disorder. Immediately, her and her daughter (who is in grade 8 and has bipolar) volunteered to come. So they're taking time out of their busy work and school days to help Noah's classmates understand why he acts the way he does. Hopefully, understanding will bring compassion and inclusiveness. It's easier to fit in when others understand why you're different. Noah can't help being bipolar and hopefully his classmates will get that message today.

Today is also busy because I'm going with my mom to a doctor's appointment. Because she tested BRCA-1 positive too, she's visiting with the gynaecologist to discuss her hysterectomy and bilateral salpingo oopherectomy (ovaries and tubes removal). She's been waiting for this appointment since May. But to make her trip to London more enjoyable, we're going out to lunch first.

Tonight is meet the teacher night and I also have an interview for Cottage Dreams, which I'll blog about tomorrow.

Whew! I'm a busy lady today. Luckily, I have nothing planned for tomorrow and I can rest and recover.

Thanks to all those who wrote to support me in my decision not to attend the BRCA meeting. You all made some good points and convinced me that I made the right choice.

Have a great day everyone. It looks like it's going to be a beauty.
Tina

1 comment: