Friday, November 13, 2009

The dream, interpreted

I don't know if it's because others saw bad premonitions in my dream from last Friday night or if everyone thought ruminating on it was a bunch of hooey, but I only got one response, via email, providing insight into my noctural vision.

According to her dream book:

Searching for an unknown purpose: Subconscious reminding your conscience you are wasting your time in meaningless activity and/or relationships.

So maybe I'm wasting my time needlessly worrying about the return of the cancer because all will be okay. I like that interpretation. Or that I shouldn't spend my time worrying because it gets me nowhere.

Gun: Represents an injustice to you or someone in your close circle you will have to fight to overcome.

I think I've already been through this. Don't want to go back. Let's consider this closed.

Threatening atmosphere: Strong warning against speculation (or gambling).

So perhaps it's trying to tell me I shouldn't speculate or try to predict the future because it only causes undue worry. I waste time speculating about bad outcomes when the results could actually be good. Or, I shouldn't be planning a trip to Vegas any time soon.

Locker (not in book) so open door: (Especially if it opens to a pleasing vista) Predicts realization of highest hopes. More than one doors means you can soon pick from a number of good activities.

I had lots of lockers from which to choose so maybe I will have lots of opportunities (lots of years) to realize my highest hopes - the biggest one is that the cancer is gone, and gone for good.

The book goes on to say I need to consider a number of factors, including how I was feeling. The fact I felt safe in my cozy locker is a good omen.

It's funny what the mind can churn out and while I don't necessarily believe in dream interpretation, maybe a little bit of it is true (of course, I'm not sure I'd be saying that if it was all bad). But, it was fun to think about for a little while.

If anyone has any other insights to add, please feel free.

Happy Friday.
Tina

1 comment:

  1. hi ya,,,
    so in reality, a bad dream turned out to have all positive outlooks in dream interpretation,,, sounds good to me...
    have a fabulous Friday 13th!! We SHOULD be out riding to Dover today,,, Lets make a pact for Aug 13 10 to do it then. I'm booking my day off today for next year. Any other takers? We could have a whole gang go down next year.

    ReplyDelete