Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Welcome back hair

While I wistfully miss my hairless legs, arms and even face (and not having to shave or pluck), I am so happy to witness the return of my hair. I now look like a woman who chose a very, very short cut. My head doesn't scream "cancer patient" to all onlookers and I think I get far fewer second looks. I say, I think, because I've gotten very proficient at ignoring that phenomenon.

I am especially happy to have eyebrows, and especially eyelashes again. I don't feel like Yoda any more. I look back at the photos from our trip to Cuba at the end of September and notice I'm conspiciously hairless. It's not a good look on me.

It's taken a long time to return, but I saw welcome back hair. I missed you.

While this style is especially easy - I simply rub the hair down with my palms after I wash it in the shower with one drop of shampoo - I look forward to figuring out how to work with new and longer hair in the near future.

I'd hoped to have a nice short hair cut by Christmas and I may just get my wish!

Tina

1 comment: