Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas

It's almost tradition, Noah rises at 6 a.m. to wake us all up and lovingly say, "Merry Christmas." We've given the directive, no earlier than 6, after he woke us all up around 4 a.m. one year.

After the Santa Claus' breakfast is in the oven, the dog has done her business, and Michael and I hold steaming cups of java, we gather around the Christmas tree to see what Santa brought. The gifts were opened with glee - and a lot of thanks. Some items were big hits (like the DS games, the Pokemon cards and the DS carrying cases) while the toothbrushes, Clearsil skin pack and swim goggles got slightly less joyful responses.

It was timed almost perfectly, we finished unwrapping gifts and breakfast was ready. As we noshed on the strata of eggs, pemeal bacon and cheese, we paused to be thankful. For Michael and I, this first Christmas post-cancer diagnosis is more special. We clasped hands and expressed thanks I was still here this Christmas - and hopefully for many, many more.

I'm happy I'm not on any treatment, feel good and have a positive attitude.

I look forward to spending the day at Michael's parents, celebrating Christmas with them, Michael's sister and her boyfriend. Then tomorrow, we head to Wallaceburg to celebrate with my parents, sister, brother-in-law, nephews and cousins.

It's strange, but I feel more peace this Christmas than those in the past. I think it's because I've slowed down and appreciate the little things more. Like the Grinch discovered, Christmas isn't something you find in a store. It's spending time with those you love. Even while working to prepare for Christmas, my heart was light. It's all good.

I hope you all have a wonderful and magical Christmas. May your hearts be light and joyful. May the conversation be good, laughs be plentiful, food be delicious and beverages flow freely (but don't drink and drive because I want you all around to celebrate 2010 with me).

Love to you all.
Merry Christmas,
Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment