Thursday, December 24, 2009

'Twas the day before Christmas

It's the morning before Christmas
And in our chilly abode
Only three Bratschers are stirring
Getting ready to hit the road

I'm sipping my coffee and
Ignoring cold and cough
It's not strong enough
To throw my mood off

Michael's tuning his guitar
In hopes of a day
With a few less packages
So he can pick it up and play

Ginger is watching
The activity of the morn
But when we're gone to work
She soon will be snorin'

The kids are still nestled
Snug, warm in their sleep
Because their grandparents
Overnight did they keep

On our way to work
Michael and I do plan
To exchange gifts to each other
A new transmission in our van

Two snow tires, some brakes
And a lube, oil and filter
Merry Christmas, my dear
We've throw the bank account off kilter

After gifts, car repairs and vet trip
For Ginger, our dog
Our finances could descend us
Into a depressed, dismal fog

But it's Christmas and money
Is not the true meaning of this season
The gift of the baby Jesus
Is the ultimate reason

So with family and friends
At this time we do gather
Celebrating with food and company
We're together, that's what matters

We're healthy and happy
And that's really the goal
To be grumpy about things
Is the big lump of coal

So for you, my dear friends
On this green December 24
Is a house full of joy
When you open the door

A joyous and happy
Season full of laughter and cheer
Enjoy all people
Who've been part of your year

My big wish to you
If the truth be told
Is good health to you all
As we all grow old

This evening as I help place
Cookies and beer for Santa's flight
I'll silently wish all my village
A merry Christmas and peaceful good night.

Tina

1 comment:

  1. Merry Christmas Tina
    We wish all the best of health and happiness for you and your family. We continue to keep you in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete