Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Say a little prayer

Tomorrow morning, bright and early, my mom goes in for surgery. We have to be at the hospital at 6:30 and she'll be operated on at 9 a.m. I'm asking all of you, who sent so many positive vibes and prayers to me, to send a few extra on Wednesday to my mom.

Since she has the BRCA-1 gene, she's getting the hysterectomy bilateral salpingo oopherectomy. But she's also got a blockage in her ureter, which could be serious. We'll know more when the surgeons (she's got two!) get in there and look around.

I'm already getting nervous for her (and I'm not the one undergoing surgery). I woke up a lot last night. I know what the gut-ripping surgery is like and I really don't want my mom to go through it. But I'm sure she'll pull through like a trooper. It's amazing what you do when you have no choice. I know it's tough the first couple days and then gets easier day by day.

At least she'll be partially recovered and through the worst by Christmas when we'll get together and thankfully celebrate another year with good food and great company.

So on Wednesday morning as you get ready for your day, please say a little prayer for my mom that all goes well.

Thanks,
Tina

3 comments: