Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Test day

Today I get a series of tests to ensure I'm okay, and therefore eligible to paticipate in the clinical trial. The availability of these tests is one of the reasons I signed up for the Sorafinib trial. I want to know what's happening with my body and ensure the nasty cancer stays away.

I can't eat or drink four hours before my CT at 2:15 p.m., so I'm swallowing my last drink of water and mouthful of food. Considering I constantly drink throughout the day, this is going to be a long four hours. Of course, I will get to drink those two big containers of radioactive solution when I arrive at my appointment. Oh, the anticipation.

Since I also need to get blood work and an ECG done, I'll head to the hospital shortly.

I'll bring my book and my positive attitude. It's going to be a day of waiting, but I can handle that.

Tina

3 comments:

  1. Good attitude!! It will take you far....as you have already discovered on your journey!

    Love you
    R

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking of you and sending crazy positive vibes your way all day!!!

    heart you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear you're able to get the isotopes you need!

    ReplyDelete