Friday, October 23, 2009

Tina proclaimed thankful Friday

I feel better today. It could be because people reached out to say they care (thank you to those who did), because it's Friday or maybe I'm at the end of that low in my emotional cycle. Regardless of the reason, I'm thankful.

The bad news is some of the bone pain is back in my wrists and arms. My nurse warned me it could return periodically. I have to admit it's much easier to tolerate with a positive attitude - and a little Tylenol.

But as a result, I'm going to skip the workout I had planned for today. I'm listening to my body, even if my mind says go exercise and lose some of that weight.

In appreciation for the end of my down feelings, I'm declaring this thankful Friday. I know we Canadians just celebrated thanksgiving, but it's important to regularly remember the things we have rather than than focussing on what we want. So here goes my slightly quirky list for today:

1. I'm having lunch with a dear, caring friend today who picked up the phone yesterday to say, "Hey, what's going on? Can I help?"

2. My children were far more cooperative and less argumentative last night.

3. My mom finally has two doctor's appointments on Monday to try to figure out what's going on with her health. Maybe we'll get some answers so we can move forward.

4. My black pants fit (okay, so maybe none of the others do and but I'm thankful I can wear these).

5. I have a phone meeting with the rehab consultant today. Hopefully this afternoon, I'll have a better idea of when I'll return to work and therefore be able to plan my life.

6. It's pizza day at my kids' school and I don't have to pack lunches, which is a good thing since I don't have any lunch fixings in my house. :)

7. I've narrowed the list of Florida homes (and as a result, reduced that squeezy, stressful feeling).

8. God hasn't forgotten me and shows me signs of His goodness daily. Sometimes, I just have to open my eyes to them.

It's so easy to forget all the wonderful things in our lives when we focus on what's missing. So, on this Tina proclaimed Thankful Friday, take a minute and (once again) identify a thing or two for which you're thankful. Focus on the simpliest blessings (a good parking spot, discovering a misplaced shirt in the back of your closet, an extra hot coffee, a good haircut, a hug from your child, etc.) and be thankful.

In every life rain must fall, if only to it make us appreciate the daffodils it nutures when they bloom in the sun.

Happy Friday.
Tina

1 comment: