Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Bumped

I know I shouldn't be disappointed. Yesterday, I lost the top fundraising spot for the Run for Ovarian Cancer.

I know all the money goes to the same great cause - research to find better ways to detect and treat ovarian cancer.

I know I've done my best, asking almost everyone I know to sponsor me. Of course, I'm also competing for donation dollars with my husband, kids, dad, sister, brother-in-law, mother-in-law and friends. I've stepped outside of my comfort zone to ask for support from people I usually wouldn't approach with this type of request.

I know I should be proud of myself, but a teeny, tiny part of me is still disappointed (How petty, eh?).

Don't worry, I will get over it by Sunday and be cheering for all the awesome participants and volunteers for their hard work and their fundraising efforts. We'll all celebrate.

In the end, the researchers, and ultimately the women with ovarian cancer who benefit from their work (me! me!), are the real winners from this event.

The Run for Ovarian Cancer is this Sunday, so there's still time to donate (yes, my last ditch effort pitch).

Thank you to everyone who is participating in or donated to stop the silent stalker, ovarian cancer. Every dollar raised can make a difference. A special thank you to all those wonderful volunteers/organizers who make this event possible. The amazing efforts of all involved are what make this run a success.

Tina

3 comments:

  1. Nooooooooo!!!! HOW MUCH MORE DO YOU NEED!!!??!??!

    ReplyDelete
  2. #1 again!!!!! WHOOOOOOO!!!!
    Yes, I AM that competitive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you're back no top!!!! And no matter where you end up, you know you're doing a GREAT thing.

    Good luck!
    Kath

    ReplyDelete