Monday, May 10, 2010

I love massages

Massage therapists are worth their weight in gold.

After a last-minute massage appointment Saturday morning, I felt better than I had in a couple of weeks. When booking the appointment on Friday night, I wondered if some of the pains I was experiencing were caused by tight muscles. I had to test my theory, if only to ease my mind. Of course, the wonderful benefits of a massage couldn't hurt either.

Jess worked her magic on all the muscles from the base of my skull to my lower back. She needed to use trigger point therapy on tightened balls of muscles from my mid back up. As a result, I'm still sore and bruised from the experience, but it's worth it.

The pain in my ribs (that I was afraid was due to returning ascities) lessened significantly. It's amazing the connection between the various body parts.

I hadn't seen a massage therapist in a couple of months. Why didn't I go earlier if it helps so much? Well, I only had one more appointment with benefits coverage until July 1. I was trying to save that one last appointment, but I obviously needed it now.

I may have to shell out some bucks so I don't have to go another month and a half without the muscle-relaxing benefits. If this weekend's appointment is any indication, I suspect it will be money well spent.

Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment