Thursday, May 13, 2010

Sleepy

Like a dog chasing its tail, my thoughts circled through my mind between 3:23 and 4:30 a.m. I woke up to go to the bathroom, but then my worries and ideas decided to gambol around my head and keep me awake instead of letting me slide back into slumber. As a result, I'm a little rough around the edges this morning.

In the middle of the night, I thought about my upcoming appointment with my oncologist, the weird aches and pains I've been experiencing, how I would be pissed if the cancer was back, my husband, my kids, my mom, Gilda Radner, the upcoming Run for Ovarian Cancer on Sunday and how I was going to arrange my shrunk cube to create a cozy workspace. Whew!

Of course, I had a hot flash or two in the midst of all that heavy thinking.

At one point, I contemplated getting up to write a blog or read a book instead of lying in the dark. But thankfully, my persistence to sleep paid off and I managed to doze for a couple more hours.

About the run, I'm excited to say that I'm back on top of the fundraisers (at least temporarily) thanks to some extreme generosity. I have my feelers out for a few more donations, so hopefully they'll come through (donate here). Not necessarily because I have to be top fundraiser (although that would be an absolute honour) but because it would produce even more research dollars.

As for today, I suspect I'll keep myself well caffeinated to prevent me from sleeping under my desk and turn in a little early. Hopefully, I'll be able to sleep tonight and won't dwell on my appointment tomorrow. I'd appreciate a good thought or a prayer around 9 a.m. It certainly can't hurt.

Tina

1 comment:

  1. I'll be thinking good thoughts for you. Stay strong!
    xo

    ReplyDelete