Tuesday, May 25, 2010

eHarmonious?

I've never looked at one of those dating sites because I'm happily married and started dating Michael before their evolution, but I guess my profile would state that I like reading, writing, swimming, cooking, dancing, hanging out with friends, big dogs, beach vacations and camping.

It would share that I'm a bit of an introvert and am an early to bed/early to rise individual. And for the most part, I'm a quiet optimist who likes chillaxin'.

Of course, all these revelations would be without considering my kids or my cancer because they're not the point of this exercise. So what is the point?

Michael made a comment on the weekend that got me thinking. We were talking about how we're a perfect match and couldn't imagine being with anyone else. I said I was thankful for the dance where we met because I'm not sure if our paths would have crossed otherwise.

Then Michael asked if I thought a dating site would match the two of us. My initial reaction was, "Of course!" He looked at my skeptically, so I reconsidered my immediate answer.

While Michael loves camping, swimming, beach vacations, hanging out with friends and dogs too, he's an extrovert, loves playing and listening to music of all kinds, gardens, cycles regularly and likes to be busy most of the time. We have many things in common and absolutely love spending time together, but would we fit the criteria for a match? I don't know.

We're so great together not only because of the similarities, but the differences that complement one another's.

So the heck with using a computer to find a perfect match because chances are, it wouldn't have given Michael and me a chance. God paved the path for us to meet and we took advantage of the opportunity, working hard to build a great life together. I have absolutely no regrets. Isn't that the way it's supposed to be?

Tina

1 comment:

  1. I'm so happy for you. A good match is hard to find, let alone "the perfect match", which I don't think even exists. Life and relationships are what you make of them. I think you've both been blessed.

    xoxo
    Patty

    ReplyDelete