Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Fear

Today, I am afraid.

This morning, as it has for the week or so, my stomach hurts. While it mostly dissipates during the course of the day, it's an unusual symptom and worries me. My back hurts too.

These pains makes me wonder and worry if the ovarian cancer is back, or if the disease has decided to build a home in another part of my body.

All the cancer survivors in my group last night nodded in understanding when I mentioned my fears in light of my coming appointment. They all experience the same thing. One woman even mentioned that every pain makes her question her health. I get it. They get me.

I try to be positive. Today it's difficult. I have to keep telling myself to breathe. I feel I may dissolve into tears. I'm overemotional.

Cancer really sucks.
Tina

1 comment:

  1. I get you, too. Let those tears flow, Darlin'. If you keep holding it in, you'll explode. Lifting you up for comfort and peace-
    patty

    ReplyDelete