Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Good news

I forgot to mention my good news in my blog this morning. I got carried away with the story of my hair loss.

My research nurse, C, called yesterday to see how I was doing. During the phone call, she mentioned the results of my blood draw on Friday. My white blood cell (WBC) count rose dramatically in two days. As of Friday afternoon, it was 1.6 (remember, on Wednesday it was 0.3 and I needed a minimum of 1.5 to get chemo). So chemotherapy is on for this Friday at 9 a.m.

I'll get my blood drawn again tomorrow and I suspect the WBCs have been increasing exponentially over the last few days.

C said this dramatic drop and increase may be typical, but because blood tests between chemotherapy treatments aren't done, they don't know. There's lots of learning to be done during this clinical trial and most of the time I don't mind being the guinea pig.

So I get to kick some ovarian cancer butt again on Friday. Yippee!

Tina

1 comment: