Monday, July 19, 2010

Weekend fun

I swam in the lake, lounged and visited at the spa, shopped for riding clothes for my daughter, saw a horse show, watched a movie with my family, almost bought a scooter, read the newspaper and sipped coffee outside, and had a yummy steak dinner at some new friends. Considering it was the first weekend post chemo, I had a busy, productive and enjoyable one.

Sure, I was moving a little slower and drank 7-Up instead of beer. And I'm still on the intensive pill regimin. But I was out living and having fun. That's what it's all about.

The prescription antacid seems to be doing the job and the Olaparib isn't causing unnecessary pain and vomiting. That's a reason to celebrate!

I suspect today will be worse, but I'll take each new side effect as it comes. As I mentioned to Michael last night, after this week's symptoms are over, I'll be 1/3 of the way through the treatment. How's that for optimism on a Monday morning?

Hope your day is great.
Tina

1 comment:

  1. Like I said yesterday,,, 'we're swimming in the lake !!!!' It was perfect,,,nearly,,, we needed waves!!!!!!!!!!! maybe this weekend!!

    ReplyDelete