Friday, July 30, 2010

TGIF

Even though I'm off work, I still appreciate the significance of Fridays. And this Friday is special because it is the start of the long weekend in many provinces in Canada. Woo hoo!

I love weekends because Michael is off work and we can do things together - as a couple and with the kids as a family.

Luckily, I'm feeling really good and hopefully the results of my blood test today will reflect that. After I'm done blogging, I'll go get my blood drawn so my research nurse can have the results this afternoon. They want to know my levels are climbing before the long weekend. I'm sure they are, but we need proof.

I'm excited because we have fun plans for the weekend. Tonight we're going to head to Port Franks and have a picnic on the beach. Despite all the times we visit Diane and Pete, we don't always make it to the beach. So this evening, after the day crowd has cleared the stretch of sandy real estate, we'll meet up with Diane and Pete, set up a little camp, enjoy some good food and take a dip in the lake (another reason my white blood cells need to improve). I'm really looking forward to it.

Tomorrow, I'm going to Port Huron, Michigan with my sister-in-law to pick up her wedding dress. She's getting married next June and Tara is going to be the flower girl. This trip will allow Tara to admire all the pretty dresses and shoes. She'll be able to try on styles she likes, but we're certainly not buying her anything until next spring because she's growing so quickly.

I'd also like to visit rib fest this weekend in Victoria Park. I love the smoky, sweet flavour of ribs and would like to indulge. But that plan is flexible. If we make it, we make it. If not, oh well. I can cook a mean set of ribs on my own BBQ.

On Sunday, I'm going to take Noah to get his hair cut. He's been growing it since Christmas and it's long! My stylist friend, Jacqueline, suggested he let her cut it in an actual style and he surprisingly agreed. So, we'll see how that goes.

During the rest of the weekend, we have no plans. We'll do whatever strikes our fancy - read a book, go for a bike ride, visit, swim in the pool, whatever.

I hope everyone has a safe and enjoyable weekend. Make the most of the sunny summer days.

Tina

3 comments:

  1. RIB FEST!!!!!! So jealous!!! I miss rib fest! I hope you get there... if you do, please eat some ribs for me!!! (or pulled pork, if they have any)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you've got a full weekend planned! Enjoy it. My biggest munchkin comes home tomorrow, so I've got a full house for a week.

    Have fun in Port Franks -- I love the beach in the evening....

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for coming and playing in the waves!! WHAT A BLAST!!
    also, tell Noah,,, actually tell Jacq,,,NOT TOO SHORT,,, he looks so very cool with his long hair.
    have a great rest of the weekend
    DCD!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete