Sunday, July 4, 2010

Quick update

I know some people will be checking to see how I'm doing, so here's a quick update.

I think the acid and the nausea are now under control because of the prescription medications I'm taking. Yay! Yay! Yay!

When I take my Olaparib, I don't feel as though I'm eating acid and I haven't thrown up in over 24 hours. So, it's good.

But, I've now got a cold. I have mucous in my chest and a cough (that brings it up). If my stomach was as weak as it was a couple of days ago, every cough would have been a stomach lurch. So, to look on the bright side, it's a good thing my cold arrived when it did.

I haven't had a cold in a couple of years. I believe it's because I take barley every day, which boosts my immune system. Of course, with my problems over the past week, I haven't been able to take it. Compounded by the fact that both the chemo and the Olaparib are killing off white blood cells (and attacking those cancer cells), I was wide open for germ attack.

My sleep has also been haphazard. I'll have a good night's sleep (which means I wake up a lot but go right back to sleep) followed by one where I'll be up most of the night with fitful dozing in between. Last night I slept great. The night before I hardly slept.

I take my last dose of Olaparib tonight and then I can get back to taking my vitamins and eating regularly. My body will have time to start repairing itself and building up white blood cells.

I go to Hamilton on Wednesday so the doctor can check my red and while blood cells (among other things). They should be at their lowest by then. If they're satisfactory, I'll get the date for my next chemotherapy.

This lack of a definitive schedule is a bit disconcerting for a planner like me, but I guess I'd better get used to it.

Enjoy this beautiful Sunday.
Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment