Tuesday, June 22, 2010

And the computer said . . .

Nothing yet. After six hours at the Juravinski Cancer Centre in Hamilton, I still don't know if I'm getting the clinical trial drug. Apparently, a radiologist has to read a couple of sections in my CT scan before Dr. H can enter all the information into the computer that will spit out whether I'm an Olaparib girl or not.

I got poked, prodded, scanned, examined and drained during my visit. Yup, Dr. H decided I needed paracentisis again or I was going to get too uncomfortable before the chemo could start drying up the fluid. He said it takes about 14 days once the chemo starts coursing through my bloodstream. By that time, I would have exploded. He drained another three litres from my abdomen. I do feel better.

But I'm really, really tired so I'll leave the storytelling for tomorrow's blog.

Suffice to say, I'll find out bright and early Thursday morning that I'm getting the drug (I'm trying the power of positive thought). My chemo is at 8:30 a.m. and I need to take the capsules an hour before I start, so the research assistant will meet me at chemo at my scheduled time to deliver the (good) news.

Let's go with the premise that no news is good news.

Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment