Monday, June 14, 2010

Needed: A plan of attack

While I'm not looking forward to the painful, belly-tapping procedure itself, I'm eagerly anticipating the relief it will provide. I'm uncomfortable all the time, which makes me tired and brings down my spirits. As a result, I'm not where I want to be - geared up to fight, fight, fight.

I remember reading in a book that some women feel better once they start ovarian cancer treatment. Despite the side effects of the chemotherapy, the ascities pain and overwhelming tiredness from their body trying to fight the disease alone is gone.

I hope this is the case for me. I'm concerned because I'm not as positive or determined as I was last time. My thoughts sometimes settle in the dark recesses of my mind, stewing over what could happen. I don't want to be that person, but I can't help it. I need action.

I almost feel as though I'm stuck in one of my chemo induced funks. Let me out! I prefer having a positive, fighting spirit than to be this negative, grumpy, pain-filled person.

I pray this week brings a plan of attack and wakes up the sleeping warrior in me.

Tina

3 comments:

  1. You are starting to sound like Coach from Survivor. You will now be known as "Tina, the Cancer Warrior" Please try to have a good week.

    Jack and Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been thinking about you and hoping the treatment this morning gave you some relief

    ReplyDelete
  3. I´ve been thinking about you and I hope you get some relief this morning. Go ahead "Warrior Tina". Hope you get a better week as the last one.

    ReplyDelete