Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Calm

I slept very well last night and awoke to the smell of French toast. Michael, wonderful husband and father that he is, created the yummy breakfast treat for our family this morning. It was the perfect way to start what may be a challenging day.

I'm amazingly calm this morning. I think I've adopted the attitude that I can't change anything now. I can only learn the results and move forward. Perhaps it's the fear of the unknown that grates on my nerves.

As my friend, Diane texted me this morning, "It is what it is." True enough. But I know that regardless of the results, I have wonderful people standing beside me. Over the past year, I've learned, my friends and family are amazing, supportive and giving. Even my cancer survivor support group assured me they'd be sending good thoughts and prayers my way this morning. I've said it before, and I'll say it again, I'm a lucky woman.

So I go to my 10:15 appointment with a bit of trepidation, but knowing I have thoughts, prayers and good karma coming from all over. For that, I'm extremely thankful.

Don't worry, I'll blog later to let you know what happens at my appointment. Hopefully, I'll be able to report good news.

Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment