Wednesday, May 20, 2009

More years to come

Fourteen years ago, today was full of promise for the future, a celebration of love and one of the happiest days of my life. It's the day I married Michael.

Marriage doesn't come with a list of the trials and tribulations a couple will face during their life together. If it did, many would run screaming from the alter. Yet, I know if Michael and I received a copy of the list, telling us about this obstacle in our future, we'd have clasped our hands together and taken the plunge anyway.

While we never could have predicted the fight we face today, like so many things in our marriage, we're doing it together. He's by my side, every aching step of the way - and for that I'm grateful.

In many ways, it feels as though Michael and I have been together forever. We know each other so well and compliment each other's strengths. We have two beautiful children, enjoy many of the same activities and genuinely enjoy each other's company.

Yet, in the grand scheme of things, it's not long enough. I want to grow old with my soulmate. I want to revel in the accomplishments we've achieved individually and together, and I want to celebrate our 50th wedding anniversary.

He's one of the reasons I fight.

While this won't be one of our best anniversaries, because I still don't feel well, it'll be special because we ARE celebrating this anniversary - with the promise of more years to come.

Tina

8 comments:

  1. Hi Honey,

    For better, for worse, for richer, for poorer. You two were meant to find each other, because yes, you do compliment each other in so many different ways. He is your soul and you are his.. enjoy this anniversary, just as you will the next, and the next, and the next till you finally do celebrate your 50th!!
    (we'll plan a trip for your 50th,, and wear thongs!!) hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary Tina
    May you be blessed with many more, one day at a time. Sounds like you married the perfect person to go through this with you, for that you are very blessed. Hope you both have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy 14th anniversary to both of you. It's a beautiful day and the weather is cooperating for your celebration. Hope that you are starting to feel better (at least feeling less achy and not as nausetious) after your last round of chemo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary darlin girl.

    You indeed have your soul mate, and I will be wishing best wishes on your 50th anniversary. I will be a crotchity old lady by then, but still a life time friend.

    Enjoy your special day, and bask in the sunlight of your love.

    Hopefully you can get out and enjoy the sunshine.

    Love Jane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy anniversary Tina and Michael! Here's to your happily ever after and long life together. Forever is not long enough when you've found your soul mate. I know!!
    I love the photos, by the way. You look beautiful bald, and you have amazing friends and a fabulous husband. I'm so happy you have so much support, tonnes of positive vibes and loving people pulling for you.
    Hope to see you soon.
    Hugs,
    Jackie W

    ReplyDelete
  6. 14 years -- I remember your wedding like it was just yesterday!

    Over the years, when we've visited you, or you've visited us, I've watched the two of you together. You're perfect together -- and you'll be that way for many years to come. Here's wishing you another 14 years, and 14 more after that, and......

    Love,
    Kath

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Anniversary to both of you...seems like yesterday when I was your Matron of Honor!! WOW!! Time sure flies....You are both an amazing couple!! Congratulations...and many more wonderful years to come!!

    ReplyDelete