Wednesday, May 27, 2009

The promise of rain

While bright, sunny days lift my spirits, today's rain isn't tugging on my mood. I feel promise in the rain today. It brings a much needed drink of water to the lawns and flowers, and provides a cleansing wash to the world in general. It's a good, optimistic rain.

Optimistic, that's how I feel today. I've got my mind wrapped around the surgery and am ready to go (of course, I still have three weeks to get nervous). As my mom said last night, if she had cancer, the surgery is the first treatment she'd want. She's right - cut the damn cancer out of me!

Now thankfully, upon diagnosis, my doctor didn't make me sit back and wait for a surgery date weeks in the future. At least, I felt I was doing something with the two rounds of chemo because it is shrinking the offensive cells.

The other positive is I'll be free from the effects of chemotherapy for about six to seven more weeks. Maybe my body will have a chance to recover from the toxicity, and the cumulative effects won't be as severe.

So I'm optimitic today and this optimism is spilling over onto how I view the weather. The rain will end. We're not supposed to get showers on the weekend. So try to enjoy the rain and all the beautiful things it brings, but keep planning for better weather.

Tina

1 comment:

  1. Darlin girl. Always the glass half full mentality.

    Rain is definitely a positive thing. It showers the soil with moisture, and brings the flowers to life, as surgery will do for you.

    This surgery is the first step on the road to recovery for you. It is a necessary evil, one that needs to be part of the process, as is the chemo.

    Once they have eradicated these nasty tumours from your body, life will proceed as planned.

    Enjoy the rain. Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.

    Have a fabulous day.

    Love Jane

    ReplyDelete