Saturday, May 9, 2009

Super Sniffer

I am now a superhero - Super Sniffer. Chemotherapy can intensify one's sense of smell. Since I was a pretty good smeller (is that a word?) to begin with, I am now Super Sniffer.

My powers were especially strong in the first few days after treatment. When Michael and I went for a walk around the neighbourhood, I knew what everyone was barbequeing for dinner - pork chops sizzled at one house, potatoes were grilling at another, while hot dogs graced the grill of another.

The flowers decorating my living room smelled beautiful. The gas of one member of my family was especially malodourous. The wet dog scent particularly annoyed me.

Even today, more than two weeks after treatment, my nose sniffed out the wet straw when we passed a farm and the roads after the rain smelled like dust and dirt.

As Super Sniffer, I have one request to those who visit me. Please omit the cologne or perfume. While it may smell great to me normally, it may offend my sensitive nose now.

So Super Sniffer signs off on this cloudy Saturday and wishes everyone only good smells. (Don't all the really important superheroes sign off at the end of their shows?) ;)

Tina

2 comments:

  1. Hi girly,
    Minnie says hi, just showing her how to post comments,,, (NOT computer literate, but she does save lives,,,go figure)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning "Super Sniffer". That title has a catchy ring to it.

    There can definitely be pros and cons to this enhance sense of smell.

    I have been forewarned. No perfume on my next visit.

    Love Jane

    ReplyDelete