Friday, May 15, 2009

Second round chemo

As good as I've felt over the past week, I'm glad today is here. I want to receive my second round of chemotherapy. I want to fight again. Over the past week, my body needed to recover and reproduce blood cells to make me strong for today.

It may be psychological, but I feel like the cancer cells felt a reprieve too and started gleefully plotting to take over my body again. I've felt twinges in my abdomen over the past two days where I feel the tumors are located. Is my mind playing tricks on me now that I've seen the lab reports stating the size and potential location of their growth? Am I afraid to feel good because that's how I felt when I didn't even know I had the silent stalker?

So bring on the chemo, with its nausea, leg pains, tiredness, and the multitude of semi-debilitating symptoms. It's better than believing I'm not getting better. That's my only goal right now.

On that note, I'm going to wear a special t-shirt I received from my cousin, Margie, to my appointments. It states, "I'm kickin' ovarian cancer's butt." She said it reminded her of feisty little me and told me to fight, fight, fight. Yes, ma'am.

In closing, I'd like to wish my dad a happy 70th birthday. He's an awesome man who plans to swim a mile today in celebration. Dad, I love you and I wish I could be there and swim it with you, but I've got this important appointment I'd better keep. Happy birthday, dad.

Keep me in your thoughts today. I feel you all pulling for me and it makes a difference.

Love,
Tina

2 comments:

  1. Darlin girl. Don't ever be afraid of these nasty cancer cells. You can beat them. You can do anything you put your mind to.

    You are a feisty little thing. I have seen you in action, and nothing like this will keep you down. Get out there and fight darlin. We are all behind you.

    You are in my thoughts every day. I have each of your pictures on my computer desktop at work, and look at them every day.

    Get out there and kick butt darlin.

    Love always Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck today! Kick some serious cancer ass!

    ReplyDelete