Friday, July 17, 2009

Healing

Just a quick update to say I can feel myself healing. I'm more mobile and only feel discomfort from my incision site sometimes. I'm down to one Tylenol a day (and some days no pain killers at all). The side effects from the chemotherapy are gone and I feel good.

I walked for over 6 km yesterday morning to get my body moving and make my muscles happy. I was a little tired by the end (how pathetic), but it also energized me mentally and spiritually.

I'm looking forward to a pig roast/birthday celebration this weekend in Port Franks with good friends. I anticipate lots of laughs and great company. I can take it easy, but enjoy the best weekend of the chemotherapy cycle by doing something fun.

Next Friday brings chemo #4. I'm anxious about how my body will react this time. I'm a little scared it will be similar to last week, which was so terrible. But regardless of what the treatment brings, I'll get through it.

A little rain must fall (today) to bring the sunshine of tomorrow (I hope). That analogy applies to my thoughts on this weekend - and on life.

Have a great weekend,
Tina

2 comments:

  1. YEAH!!!!! Awesome that you're having a good day! And if I walked 6Km right now, I'd probably be dry-heaving by the end.
    LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey baby....stop being so hard on yourself!! 6 km!! WOW...look at what you HAVE accomplished, my dear!! YIPEE!! Glad you are feeling the healing, baby!!

    Have a wonderful Friday!
    Love you
    R

    ReplyDelete