Sunday, July 26, 2009

Metallic mouth

As I mentioned yesterday, some of the post-chemo symptoms are making their appearance earlier. The metallic/skunky taste started in my mouth yesterday, which affects the taste of everything, even water.

But luckily, it doesn't seem as bad this time as long as the food or drink has some good flavour. That doesn't necessarily mean it tastes exactly as it would normally, but at least some enjoyment factor is still there.

I'm tired, but restless. I tried to nap yesterday to no avail. When I went to bed, I was exhausted and dosed in and out of consciousness, but didn't really fall asleep for about an hour. Luckily, I was able to sleep in until after 7 this morning (not a common occurrence on the best of days).

I'm waiting for the bone pain. I know it's coming and dread it. I'll have to start taking the pain killers once the first twinges make their appearance. The pain in my legs, feet and ribs, as well as the extreme lethargy are the worst side effects. But I just keep telling myself, a few more days and this too will pass.

Michael and I are working together this morning to make pancakes. I felt like eating the crepe-style pancakes and hey, why not indulge my taste buds' whims while I've got them. I've sliced fresh peaches and blueberries to accompany them.

Hope you find some small (or large) pleasure to enjoy today. Find the joy in the small things you may normally take for granted.

Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment