Tuesday, July 28, 2009

A new day

It looks as though the weather will be a little less depressing today, with the rain holding off until this evening. Perhaps that will help my recovery process. I'm not counting on today to be a good day, but I'm hoping it's better than yesterday.

My friend, Extra Strength Tylenol, should be able to keep most of the bone pain at bay and I'll do my best to keep my spirits out of the dumps. Only one or two more days of this and I should be back to my more optimistic moods.

Good news came yesterday from my oncology nurse. My CA-125 level is now 45. Normal is 35 and under - and I was really hoping to be there - but she seemed encouraged, so I have to be patient.

And I'm healing well. I have permission to start to do and lift a little more starting tomorrow (six weeks post op) as long as it doesn't hurt. I've been doing a little more each day and I feel good. I'm rising from a chair without using my arms for assistance and getting into bed without sitting on the edge and then flopping down on my side. The ability to do those actions without pain makes me feel I'm on the road to recovery.

My hair is once again a fuzzy, white ring of fluff. I have no idea why it turns white at this stage when a good portion of the new growth was coming in brown. I also have a beautiful heat rash or something on my head from the hot flashes. I'm a beautiful site.

But I'm here. Still quietly fighting.

My friend, Jodi, shared this quote with me a while ago and it seems like an appropriate time to use it:

"Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says, I'll try again tomorrow." - Mary Anne Radmacher

That seems to sum it up.

Tina

3 comments:

  1. You rock.
    Love you.
    That is all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep fighting Tina. Try to think about how far you have come. Focus on the light at the end of the tunnel. I know that this kind of weather does not help. But you are doing great!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey babe!! That is AWESOME about the news of the CA-125 level!! Dropping! That is the direction it needs to go!! YIPEE!!

    Love the quote...keep being courageous...you will get there!!

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete