Friday, June 12, 2009

I have a list

I have five days before my surgery, and since I'll be down for the count for a while, I have a list of things to accomplish.

I've always been a list person. I already have too many facts and reminders in my head that when a new one makes its way in, another one seems to fall out (or maybe it's old age). Anyway, I write down tasks and reminders - both at home and especially at work - and take great joy crossing off the finished jobs.

My list now encompasses a couple of weeks, including the last week of school.

Yes, I know Michael is capable of accomplishing some of these jobs, and I will rely on him to make sure they get done. But the list will help ensure we don't miss something. I'm sure he'll have other thoughts and worries on his mind, in addition to working, shuffling the kids around, visiting me in the hospital and tending to me when I get home.

I'll probably spend Father's Day weekend in the hospital, which isn't much fun for Michael. And since the kids aren't good planners yet I'll ensure a gift is ready in advance. (Tara wants to but she isn't capable of doing too much and Noah's reached the ambivalent stage). In fact, we'll probably celebrate Father's Day for Michael a little early.

Of course, the last week of school involves lots of activities including a strawberry social, a field trip to the zoo and parties. Then there's the end-of-school teacher gifts I need to obtain.

Then Tara still has soccer twice a week. Whew!

At least once school ends, the need to check homework, study for tests, write notes to the school, etc. ends. I'm very lucky that my in laws are ready and willing to take the kids whenever I need to rest - and they're willing to be flexible.

Flexibility is the story of my life these days. I can't make plans too far in advance since I don't know how I'll feel or how quickly I'll recover. Luckily, most people understand, don't expect too much from me and call with offers of help - whatever that may entail. Thank you.

Of course, on my list is packing for the fun mini-vacation this weekend to Toronto and Canada's Wonderland. I'm looking forward to spending time with my family and satisfying my thrill-seeking nature.

Writing my blog for Friday - check. That task is off my list today. ;)

Enjoy your Friday. Hopefully you have some fun tasks on your list.
Tina

4 comments:

  1. Have a fabulous time at Canadas Wonderland, it's supposed to be a good weekend..!!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a GREAT time at Canada's Wonderland..I remember "back in the olden days" when you and I had passes for there!! What a trip!! HAAHAA!! Enjoy the weekend. See you very very soon!! :-)

    Rachna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey darlin.

    Enjoy your fabulous mini vacation, and the sunshine.

    Love Jane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great to say the next 5 days the weather is to be beautiful. So along with your mini vacation the sunshine will follow you. Keep up the positive attitude and chins up during your recovery after your surgery. keep on looking for the bright, bright skies.
    HOPE EVER URGES ON, AND TELLS US TOMORROW WILL BE BETTER. Tibullus
    Our thoughts and prayers are with you, Joe and Lori DiMarco

    ReplyDelete