Wednesday, June 17, 2009

My village speaks

I draw strength from all of you.

I'm getting nervous about the surgery today, and suspect those feelings of anxiety will only increase as my surgery time of 12:30 draws near. But as I read the emails and postings proclaiming your support and love, I feel better. I have my village behind me.

Yesterday, I discovered those who were part of Team Tina are wearing their yellow t-shirts to work today in support of me on surgery day. Those who weren't part of the run, are encouraged to wear yellow. When I found out, I cried. Wow!

Michael, my sister and my mom will wear their t-shirts to the hospital. No chance Dr. Prefontaine will miss them to give them the (good - fingers crossed) news after the operation. Even my kids are sporting Team Tina shirts at school today.

I'd wear mine but the hospital staff want me in a hospital gown instead. Go figure.

Along with this visible demonstration of support, many, many touched base to say good luck, thinking of you and I'm praying for you. With all the prayers God will hear this afternoon with my name in them, surely he'll take notice. ;)

But seriously, this part of my journey is in God's hands, who'll guide the hands of my surgeon during the three-hour operation. I need to have faith all will be okay.

What I can control is my determination to get up and move after surgery to help with recovery, as well as my positive attitude. I'll do my best.

Thank you to all of you for being part of my village, my support group, my friends. I am stronger and more positive because of the love from all of you.

I may be offline for a few days, but I hope to get the Internet in the hospital and touch base. There are no guarantees, but I'm praying I can connect because of the strength I draw from both writing this blog and the various comments to it.

Well, I've got to go kick cancer in the butt. It's time for it to go.

Love you all,
Tina

8 comments:

  1. We love you Tina. We will be your see of yellow luck today as we work away. We will see you soon... BIG HUG

    ReplyDelete
  2. WISHING YOU ALL THE BEST!! LOVE YOU GIRL!! My prayers and positive energy are with you...see you soon! LOVE YOU!
    Rachna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darlin girl.

    You are definitely now in God's hands. He will guide you through this.

    Thoughts and prayers go out to you.

    Love Jane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Luck Tina
    Right now it is 11:50. We are thinking of you and praying for a complete recovery. We know with your positive attitude, and the support of you family and friends, you will win this battle.
    Love
    Cheryl & Reg

    ReplyDelete
  5. GOOD LUCK TINA!
    I know its a bit late in time. But I knew you are in good Hands of God. He will Manage it for you.
    I think you gona recover very soon.

    Send you a BIG HUG
    Love
    Renate

    ReplyDelete
  6. YEAHHHHHH TINA!!!!! DAMN RIGHT!!! YOU TOTALLY KICKED IT STRAIGHT IN THE SAC!!! WHOOOOOO!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tina as usual flew through the surgery in 2 1/2 hours and the surgeon was happy to report the disease was less extensive than he feared. 2 small tumors gone along with the "other stuff" with microscopic dust left that hopefully the chemo will get rid of. The good news that we were all hoping for has been realized and I think that is in part to all the support and prayers Tina has received. Thank you all for the continous outpouring of love- it has kept her inspired and postive during this ordeal. Tina you are a true inspiration to us all. I love you and am so proud of how you are handling this challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. WONDERFUL NEWS! We all knew Tina could do it...and she did!! Very happy for her...and we all should continue to pray for a speedy recovery for Tina...

    Love
    Rachna

    ReplyDelete