Saturday, June 13, 2009

I love Saturdays

Saturday morning is my favourite time of the week. I love sleeping until I wake up. I can't say sleep in because my body doesn't do that any more. I usually wake up between 6 and 7 a.m. - 7:30 is really sleeping in!

Once up, I turn on the coffee and retrieve the newspaper from the mailbox. I love the lazy feeling of sitting on my couch, sipping coffee and reading about the latest news.

That's what I did this morning. Now I'm going to partake in another of my favourite summer Saturday pastimes - the garage sale. Our entire family loves to travel from house to house, looking for a bargain. You can't have any expectations when you go to garage sales. Some days, we find bargains galore and other days there's zilch.

This will probably be my last day of garage saling (is that a word?) for a while. But we'll have fun.

This beautiful Saturday stretches before me with unknown promise. Maybe we'll see a movie this afternoon, perhaps we'll grill some pork chops on the BBQ for dinner - if we aren't full from popcorn.

I love days like these - when you can follow your whims of pleasure.

Enjoy your Saturday, may it bring you some unexpected pleasure. If not, create your own. Take joy in the little things life brings your way.

Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment